iPhone Exclusive App Store Announced

March 7th, 2008 by Arjan Olsder Posted in Distribution | No Comments »

AppleFinally there is new on how to sell mobile games and applications on the iPhone and iPod Touch. Apple announced the official App Store, available in the next firmware update.

The App Store will be the one and only way for developers to sell mobile games on the iPhone and iPod Touch, though official Apple mobile games can still be purchased from iTunes.

From all commercially sold mobile games and applications, Apple will take 30%, which leaves 70% for the developers. This is higher then most operators offer. Apple says it will use this money for the expenses that come with the shop. It does not want to make money from this project.

The App Store allows Apple to track mobile game and application sales carefully. If a developer outputs software that harms the consumer, Apple can take immediate action. Also, the App Store allows developer to update the software that consumers purchased in one go.

In regards of content types, Apple was not specific about any focus or preference. Adult themed software is prohibited though.

    Leave a Reply






    Arjan Olsder is the Vice President of Pixalon Studios. Opinions expressed on this publication do not have to represent those of Pixalon Studios.


    Contact Us:

    Other (Dutch) Publications:

    Copyright 2004-2010 Digishock Publishing. All Rights Reverved.